Monday, July 02, 2007

Holiday World - a world all it's own...


So this weekend found me in Owensboro, KY, Santa Claus, IN and Evansville, IN. It was a whirlwind trip. We had a very nice visit with the Adams family. (No, not the Addams family...)

Saturday was our trip to Holiday World. What a great little park!
The good:
The amenities include free soda, free sunscreen and cell-phone wristbands for kids. Seriously - they have beverage stations set up all over the park - you can swing into one at any time and get a fountain drink of your favorite pepsi product. Eileen - I so thought of you and your DP habit! My drink of choice that day was pink lemonade - I think I drank a gallon! Jen took advantage of the free sunscreen oasis - what a great idea that park has. And the cell phone wristband? Brilliant - you can write your cell # on a band and attach it to your kids. If you get separated and they ask for help - someone can call you. LOVE this idea.

Parking is free.

I got lunch for $6. We ate at the Alamo and I got a 2 taco and burrito combo and it was $6. And it came with a cookie!! At the end of the night we stopped in the Plymouth Rock Cafe in Thanksgiving town and had the best rotisserie chicken EVER. The flippin' meal there is only $7, too - seriously - LOVE this place.

The average temp of the water in the waterpark is 88 degrees. YES!

No smoking in the park...they have designated smoking sections.

It's so damn clean!

The bad:
I couldn't walk around in my bikini top and daisy dukes. HA! Yeah right. But seriously, they do require a shirt over your bathing suit top if that's the way you roll.

The bad, for real:
The roller coasters are wooden. I'm pretty sure they should have a team of chiropractors and/or acupuncturists at the exit of these rides. Beat up - I was beat.up. After riding each of these one time, I think it might have actually re-aligned my c-spine - so I stopped. Call me a roller coaster snob - but if they're not made of metal, I'm not riding. Period.

The music - oh my. I couldn't listen to God Bless America one more time in the 4th of July section. Killing me. And of course there were Christmas songs in the Christmas section. I don't remember being annoyed in Halloween town or Thanksgiving...and they were playing the Beatles in the waterpark, so no complaints there.

Pepsi?? Why Pepsi?? I guess it's good - this way I stuck to lemonade.

Waterpark lines were a bit much. But it is a Saturday in June, what do I expect?

We may be going to Six Flags in a couple of weeks, depending on what happens with all stars. I imagine I will not have this many good things to say about that experience...but at least they have metal coasters.

ETA: I updated the link to the new Eileen blog...check it out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time and a nice relaxer for all...

Carol said...

Happy your weekend turned out so great.

Anonymous said...

Sounds heavenly! Oh, and the park sounds pretty good too ...

Anonymous said...

I saw this park featured on a show on channel 11