Monday, July 23, 2007

Sometimes you feel like a nut...

It was an action packed weekend, sort of. Yesterday was completely uneventful. Never left the house. Got another shelf emptied and organized in the closet, I need to get a couple more bins and I can call that one done. Kevin is thrilled.

I got some housework done, but I had to call in the professionals...it's been awhile, so they should be pretty busy today. I'll be so happy when I get home. Apparently Owen left them a note. "To cleaning ladies, you don't have to clean under my bed. Owen." Seriously?? I asked her how bad it was under there that he felt the need to put a disclaimer in...she said there were just a few things. Guess what Owen's doing tonight?

My vegetable garden is finally completely weeded and regrassed. The tomatoes are starting to turn red, very excited about that. Can't wait to make salsa!

We saw the new Harry Potter movie on Friday night. Kevin didn't like it. I thought it was one of the better movies of the series. Everyone keeps talking about how much "darker" it is - I didn't get that impression, but that's just me. We went to Barnes & Noble after that to see what kind of chaos was happening there in anticipation of the book going on sale at midnight. They had a lot of activities - and we got Harry Potter glasses! We had our picture taken, we did some crafts, some puzzles, saw lots of people in costume. The kids didn't bother me so much, it was the adults (who didn't work there) that were troublesome. One lady in a plaid skirt, a white shirt with a Hogwart's tie and black leather boots? Ummmmm, I wasn't sure if she was there for the book or she was on her way to work....

Saturday was awards for LL, and Sat night found us with the RL crew - basically the same as the 4th of July party, only this time it wasn't at my house. The food was, of course, fantastic, and the company was, of course, hilarious. I have stories, oh do I have stories...saving those for later.

Kevin cut a trail through the woods for the dirt bike he acquired. Alex took it for a spin yesterday. I see hospital visits in my future.

How was your weekend?

No comments: